Over time this page may contain links to:
- Comments made here that deserve a more comprehensive response
- Example: https://ad1914.com/1914-teaching-historical-development-of-interpretation/comment-page-1/#comment-6844 from “also anonymous”. We will respond and provide a link here: https://ad1914.wordpress.com/2018/05/03/response-to-excellent-jw-defense-by-also-anonymous/
- Comments (and links) from other discussion forums that are appropriate to this site
We’d love to hear your questions and comments, and can accept them on almost every page. When comments are made, site moderators get a notification and read the comment. When it is approved, it appears on the same page where the comment was made, usually within an hour or so. Anyone who wishes, may make a comment, ask a question, or respond to existing ones with their own.
Comments can be supportive, or not. They will still be approved as long as they are related to the topic and not too repetitive — or antagonistic. Several comments are requests to speak with someone privately, or requests to pass information along to one of the persons who contributed an experience to this site. Those requests will usually contain a phone number, name and email address. We respond to these comments privately or pass the information along to the right person. We try not to allow comments to appear with personal info, email, or phone numbers.
In the future we may link to a page that supports discussions in a better format. In the meantime, there are many good forums where JWs and ex-JWs have had good success getting their questions and issues answered.
JW.org does not have a forum, and we doubt it ever will.
- http://www.jw-archive.org/ is more JW-friendly but hit-and-miss on finding answers
- http://theworldnewsmedia.org appears to have subsumed the jw-archive.org forum just mentioned but still has a few JW-friendly voices
- http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/ is primarily non-JW-friendly. It is very large and more likely to provide a more comprehensive answer to any issue.
- If your question relates to more personal difficulties as a JW or ex-JW, then we’d recommend https://www.jehovahswitnessrecovery.com/forum/index.php or http://exjehovahswitnessforum.yuku.com/
- If you feel pressured to be baptized, or believe teachings that don’t make much sense to you, then http://www.jwfacts.com is an excellent site to start a more informed study of many JW-related subjects. This can include pressure to conform to a lifestyle that denigrates higher education, denigrates family connections, promotes shunning, and unfair judgment of non-JWs. There are many great sites for such topics.
- If you are concerned about more specific topics such as the Watch Tower’s medical blood policy we encourage you to visit ajwrb.org
- If you wish to comment or find support about abuse-related issues specifically you could probably try: http://jwstrugglehelpforjehovahswitnesses.yuku.com/ or use http://aawa.co/ or http://www.silentlambs.org/ to learn about these support issues. If you have personally suffered, do not rely solely on information or even contacts you meet online. Seek professional help and support.