Many of the things we learn about the Watch Tower Society and its history might seem random, unconnected with any specific subject that is discussed elsewhere on this site.
- Why did Russell ask to be dressed in a Roman toga just hours before he died?
- Why did the Watch Tower Society publish a book that they claimed was from a spirit medium about a fallen angel which they assumed was the real story of a fallen angel from Noah’s time who wanted to get back into Jehovah’s favor?
- Why did Rutherford say that the Holy Spirit was no longer working with either himself or the Watch Tower Society?
- Why did Rutherford send a letter to Hitler telling him that they were working toward the same goals?
- Why did Frederick W Franz go to the sauna every Wednesday for several years surrounded by naked and semi-naked Bethelites?
- etc., etc, etc. . . .
Many Jehovah’s Witnesses already know the answers to these specific questions, yet, there are probably hundreds more like them. Other Witnesses will not even believe the questions, much less the answers.
Many such topics come up from time to time on various websites, blogs, discussion boards, podcasts, and various other forms of social media. Now and then we will re-publish such items here. Most will have nothing to do with the 1914 doctrine. Still, one of the purposes of this site is to look back on the history of the Watch Tower organization. For those who might not see such items collected elsewhere, we expect that they will help to create a more complete perspective for those who are interested in the Watch Tower’s history.
Watch this space . . .
- Recent Finds: How SPIRITISM is still attached to the 1914 doctrine
- Recent Finds: 1914 – Seeing What They WANT To See
Miscellaneous finds . . .
- I Find This “Humerus”
- The “Kingdom Haul” of Jehovah’s Witnesses (Part 1 of 2)
- The “Kingdom Haul” of Jehovah’s Witnesses (Part 2 of 2)
- More Evidence for 1914 Kingdom than for Gravity, Electricity, Wind — says JW Governing Body